31 Dec Advanced PRF Workshop – April 29st
Our Advanced PRF Workshop is coming up soon on April 29st, 2016.
If you haven’t taken the opportunity to register make sure to do that now!
Platelet Rich Fibrin is a technology introduced by Dr. Joseph Choukroun and researched by Dr. David Dohan in 2006. Refined protocol such as PRGF (Anitua, E) and L-PRF (Miller, R) have enhanced the technology, each claiming superiority. This has led to misunderstanding and confusion. Current third party research has evaluated and concluded on the advantages and disadvantages of each system. This program will assist in understanding each protocol and dispel any myths and misconceptions. It will also instruct on proper clinical applications of PRF and introduce you to the most advanced procedures in this field, including “PRF Block” applications (Jan 2016)
You will learn:
- The science and differences between the three leading PRF protocols – L-PRF, A-PRF, and PRGF
- Which protocol is best suited for the management of different surgical event
- Understand the fabrication and clinical use for the most recent PRF protocols – PRF Block grafts
- How to harvest and use autologous Thrombin to set particulate grafts in surgery
- Clinical applications for both hard tissue and soft tissue procedures – including socket grafts,
direct & indirect sinus grafts, horizontal and vertical bone grafts and gingival augmentation
- Techniques to enhance gingival regeneration following tooth extraction
- Techniques to significantly reduce surgical complications
- Venepuncture, taught by a certified Phlebotomist
- Laboratory management of PRF products.